Types of Online Casino in Vietnam
Over the past few years, Vietnam’s economy has shown rapid growth. Local salaries increased and many Vietnamese liked foreign games for real money. If a person has money, then there is a chance that he/she will want to increase it. This is how modern casinos work. They offer each of us to win real money by running any game. This is fun entertainment with jackpots and positive emotions. However, the Vietnamese authorities want to block all forms of gambling in the country, so most gamers use the Internet.
These days, the global network is filled with game resources of different sizes and shapes. But before you create an account in the first club you should know which casinos deserve your trust. Don’t worry, you don’t have to spend a lot of time looking for a secure licensed casino. All gaming halls open for players from Vietnam are published on our website. At the moment, their number is 156 brands, but we regularly update the list with proven platforms. Be sure each of them works under an official license offering games from leading providers, honest bonuses and modern protection. These criteria allow us to divide the Vietnamese gambling platforms into the categories below:
Casino Browser. These are gaming rooms designed for instant play. You only need to open a browser and enter the name of the club. Typically, such websites offer a variety of game models from thematic slots to scratch cards. Also, new and active gamers receive different gifts for fulfilling certain conditions.
Casino on a smartphone. Mobile gadgets have become very popular in all countries including Vietnam. Even a regular smartphone performs dozens of functions that save time. Now you can use these devices to play in the casino. Mobile platforms run in browsers but some of them offer to download the app. In this case, your favourite games will always be at hand. Moreover, mobile versions of games help bypass some of the blockages, so this is another life hack for users from Vietnam.
We can also add to the list of resources that offer crypto transactions. It is about Bitcoins and other coins. They give many advantages especially to players from Vietnam where gambling is strictly regulated and severely punished.
Have you heard anything about live dealers? Real croupiers appeared in virtual gambling about 10 years ago when the developers wanted to create the atmosphere of a real hall on PCs and smartphones. These days, such entertainment is offered to all Vietnamese gamblers. Operators who offer live content should have a special studio and equipment for real-time broadcasting. Only licensed sites can afford such games.
Types of Casino Games for Vietnamese Gamblers
In 2012, former Finance Minister Vuong Dinh Hue invited the local government to follow Singapore’s example and create a full-fledged betting market to boost the economy and create jobs. Unfortunately, this call was not heard, and in 2019 gambling in Vietnam still faces various problems. Some daredevils visit offline houses and try to win real money. Often these attempts end in prison. Smart gamblers choose virtual casinos operating in other countries. The reason lies not only in safety but also in the assortment of slot machines. Many games are not offered in land-based halls but you can always find them in the virtual world:
- Most Vietnamese users choose thematic slots designed by Microgaming/Betsoft/ NetEnt/Play’n Go/Playtech. These manufacturers have an excellent reputation. You must know why the slots are so attractive even if they give small payouts. The success is due to interesting storylines thanks to which you can search for treasures in the Egyptian pyramids, explore the World Ocean and attend the stunning Brazilian carnivals. Old-school models offer 3 reels with classic symbols, while modern online slots are endowed with 3D graphics, animations, music and bonus options.
- Table/Card Games is the second category presented in all Vietnam online casinos. In these games, you need to demonstrate your skills and strategies. Maybe BlackJack/Poker/ Pontoon/Baccarat/Sic Bo seems too complicated but they give a new experience and good jackpots. In this category, you’ll also find Roulette presented in new forms. Which wheel do you like? American? Or European? Most of these entertainments are offered at live dealer casinos. Now you can choose any table, as well as, a croupier. Thanks to the chat option, the participant can chat with other users.
- Lotteries are the only legal opportunity to win real money in Vietnam. Of course, these games have been improved on the Internet. In 2019, they give instant payouts, but the developers made each lottery unique. We recommend starting Keno; Bingo and different scratch cards.
You will never be bored in Vietnam legal casinos that offer such a set of games. It is worth noting their mobile versions. Believe us, you will experience new emotions when a table with a real dealer or an ultramodern slot is launched on your touch screen smartphone.
Online Gambling Laws and Regulations in Vietnam
We ask players not to condemn the Vietnamese gambling laws because this country had a difficult fate. Until the 90s, it was a communist state whose government prohibited all forms of gambling. Many years later, the country has finally seen economic growth with the first positive changes in the gambling industry. This means that the Vietnamese have good salaries and they would like to spend part of the money on bets.
Legal virtual casinos are strictly regulated and the number of illegal sites is growing rapidly. Signed Decree No.03/17 allowed Vietnamese players over 21 to visit gaming halls and win real money. But this law does not apply to gamers whose salary does not reach $ 450. As we have already said, big losses, as well as, big winnings are punishable by imprisonment.
Vietnamese authorities say nothing about virtual casinos. To play online you only need to find a foreign casino with a license. So, we can conclude that online games are allowed because the selected casino is regulated by another jurisdiction. On the other hand, your Internet access may be limited and your bankroll will be blocked. We recommend using technologies that will ensure your anonymity and a high level of security. Such tools have been described in previous sections.
Only clients older than 21 may play in offline rooms. In virtual Vietnam casinos, this restriction is reduced. Most foreign platforms accept 18+ years old players.
Well, the situation looks frankly strange. The local government is trying to soften the laws but they are still dangerous for the Vietnamese who want to win money.
Best Deposit Methods for Vietnamese Gamblers
Before winning real money in a Vietnam online casino, a user must make at least a minimum deposit. This procedure scares some players, especially if this is their first day in the gambling world. Do not worry, with this instruction money transactions will be as simple as 1,2,3 …
All Vietnamese gaming halls offer a fairly wide range of payment methods that guarantee security. Create an account and go to the cashier. You will see a list of all available deposit methods, but we advise players from Vietnam to pay attention to some of them:
- Credit/Debit cards. E-commerce giants such as Visa/MasterCard are familiar to every Internet user. They have been working in the international arena for many years, respectively, they have vast experience. In virtual casinos, they often use for both deposits and withdrawals. These payment methods are characterized by fast transactions.
- Web-wallets and mobile solutions. The popularity of virtual wallets is growing every day. In 2019, Vietnam residents are offered services such as Neteller, Skrill, Mint and other deposit methods including mobile solutions like Mobiamo. Choosing one of these wallets you will receive instant transactions, but also you will need to pay fees. Explore this detail or it will be an unpleasant surprise.
- Banks. We usually advise players from some countries to send money to and from virtual casinos through banks. In this case, this will not be the right decision since gambling is strictly regulated in Vietnam. Using Vietnam banks, you have a good chance of being caught by the police.
Vietnamese gamers can safely use only two deposit methods. They can use banks too, but it’s a bad idea given local gambling laws. Cards and e-wallets guarantee your safety and carry out instant transactions on the Internet.
Accepted Currencies in Vietnam
Cash in Vietnam is issued in denominations and coins. The local currency called Wong has shown little growth over the past 5 years. Also, it has a stable position. This means that the Vietnamese economy is recovering and showing good results for the first time after the communist regime. Tourists and local gamers can use foreign currencies like USD.
Logically, a Vietnamese Wong is rarely used in virtual casinos since most of them operate based on the euro, pounds sterling and dollars of course. In the previous sections, we described Bitcoin casinos offered to Vietnamese players. The first such gambling sites appeared almost five years ago. Today, their number is growing despite obstacles. Many experts say that Bitcoin is turning into a gambling industry engine offering users new opportunities. Cryptocurrency has more advantages for players from countries where gambling is prohibited or it is strictly regulated. For example, for Vietnamese gamers, a digital coin gives anonymity. Now no one can keep track of your transactions and money. Your data is protected from fraudsters and hackers, plus all transactions are free. Should we say that they are carried out instantly?
The system and algorithms of virtual casinos sometimes seem too complex. Beginners need to learn a lot of different things about deposits, registration, wager requirements (for bonuses) and so on. Often gamers encounter these issues as soon as they click the Sign-Up button. Therefore, each popular gaming resource offers customer support whose representatives have undergone special training to answer any question. In the Vietnamese rooms you’ll have 3 ways to contact a specialist:
- Chat will be the fastest and most convenient. Find the special button on the games site to open the chat window. Here, representatives of the casino are available at any time and they instantly respond to all customer requests.
- Email is another convenient way. Send an email to customer support asking for the necessary information or instructions. We must warn that players receive answers within 24 hours.
- Many gaming halls are starting to use this type of customer support again, but it does not offer many advantages. So you will need to call the hotline to talk with the operator. There is a possibility that you will need to provide documents for verification.
Questions about bonuses, games, accounts, and banking are described in detail in the FAQ section. This page is dedicated to the most popular questions of users, so you can always find the answer there. This is your free 24/7 assistant. If you do not find the answer in this section, do not hesitate to contact a specialist.
Predictions About the Future of Online Gambling in Vietnam
All these years, Vietnam has been trying to forget its communist past. The new government was looking for solutions and opportunities to boost the country’s economy and increase the number of jobs. It did not forget about gambling watching its popularity in Singapore and other countries. But at the same time, the number of arrests increased every year. The first changes occurred in 2017 when Vietnam politicians passed a new law according to which some Vietnamese gamers can visit gaming halls. Vietnam offline casinos are infused with strict rules when the owner of a large jackpot can get a prison sentence.
Fortunately, these restrictions lose their force on the Internet where Vietnamese players feel free. They have thousands of exciting games, big payouts, and systems that provide anonymity and security. We believe that the country’s government should pay attention to this type of entertainment and make it legal. This will attract large investments by creating a new gambling market. We are sure that many foreign operators would like to work legally in Vietnam. This will be the right decision for Vietnam because Singapore did it many years ago and in 2019 it attracts millions of gambling tourists every year!