Types of Online Casino in Monaco
Currently, the popularity of online casinos in the territory of Monaco is growing. This is not surprising if you pay attention to the number of advantages that are available to players. Residents can play in the online casino of Monaco and other international resources. The online resources of Monaco have some significant advantages, such as high security, cooperation with leading software vendors (NetEnt, Microgaming, Playtech), high graphics, as well as a numerous list of games. Besides, several types of online casinos are played by residents of Monaco:
- Downloadable online casinos (to play in such a casino you need to download the software to your device. Before downloading files, check the availability of the license from the casino and also read the user agreement. In most cases, the software works with different operating systems it’s important that your computer’s hard drive has enough free memory. Downloadable resources offer high graphics and fascinating storylines);
- Online games through the browser (this type of online casino is considered the most popular among Monaco residents because of its ease of use. To start playing at such a casino, you don’t need to download anything to your device. It is enough to check the availability of the plug-in and you can play. Some resources even allow you to play free games even before registration. Although browser-based online casinos are convenient to use, they offer a large list of games and high-quality graphics);
- Mobile online casinos (all over the world is now the era of digital technology and at the same time the popularity of mobile gadgets is growing. Now almost everyone has a smartphone ranging from schoolchildren and ending with the elderly. Many Monaco residents are often away from home. But in any players have a desire to spend their free time playing their favourite games, so mobile online casino allows you to plunge into the world of excitement and adventure anywhere and anytime. horseback games:
- Download the application developed for IOS or Android;
- Open the mobile version of the site in the browser;
Modern mobile casinos allow you to make deposits, bets and get bonuses from your portable device.
- Live online casinos (this is a relatively new, but very popular type of online games. Monaco residents are not legally allowed to visit land-based casinos, but live online games serve them as an excellent alternative. Actually, playing in live online casinos you find yourself in a real room with a live dealer and other players. This is a great opportunity to get into the atmosphere of a casino without leaving a comfortable chair).
Types of Casino Games for Monaco Gamblers
The development of the gaming industry does not stand still, but every year the players also become more demanding. Monaco is an adherent of classic casinos and the gaming business is also more focused on the development of ground-based gaming establishments. But at the same time, Monaco serves as an attractive offshore zone, or as it is also called a “tax haven”. For this reason, you can find more than one online casino headquarters which is located in Monaco. In addition to online casinos, bookmakers are gaining popularity, although there are not many of them in Monaco. At this stage, the legislation of the Principality does not fully regulate online casinos, as does the presence of lotteries. In Monaco, you will not find a national lottery for residents.
Despite the lack of specifics in the legislation of Monaco regarding online casinos. Gambling in the network continues to evolve and now the people of Monaco can see a huge list of online games for every taste. It does not matter whether you are a man or a woman, a beginner or a professional player, you will find a game for yourself. Board game lovers can play Bingo, Keno, Roulette or Dice. If you are a beginner and want to start with classic slot machines, then you can use both three-reel and five-reel gaming machines. In that case, if you came to the casino to win a large amount of money, then you can use progressive jackpot games in the slot machines section. Professional players very often prefer card games, such as poker or blackjack. Card games are famous for keeping the intrigue until the end of the game.
All of the above types of games are in every online casino of Monaco. Each individual resource, in turn, will be able to offer you games based on the plots of films or TV series and other unique offers.
The legal framework of gambling in Monaco
As we can see from the history of online casinos in Monaco, gambling was mostly introduced as a source of additional income and a source of attracting tourism. With the advent of the first casinos in Monaco, their activities were not regulated at all. So, for example, in 1856 an “exclusive privilege” was drawn up for the centre of tourism for 35 years. The document dealt with the construction and attraction of foreign citizens, but information about the games and rules was not specified. A little later, in 1863, the Principality concluded a concession with Francois Blanc soon for 50 years. Later, Blanc founded the company Société des Bains de Mers, which for a long time enjoyed a monopoly throughout Europe and now regulates most aspects of the gaming business.
In 1867, the “General Police Act” was passed, according to which all types of lotteries were prohibited on the territory of Monaco. However, later a government agreement was signed between Monaco and France which lifted the ban on the participation of the inhabitants of Monaco in the national lotteries of France. According to the law, Monaco residents are also prohibited from betting everywhere except for the French bookmaker company PMU.
When the construction of other land casinos began in 1913 in Monaco, the question of regulating all disputed issues at the legislative level became acute. Thus, in 1987, the Government of Monaco adopted the “Gambling Law”. The law regulates all questions concerning licenses, operation of slot machines, supervision of gambling on land. This legal action is considered the main document that regulates gambling entertainment in Monaco. But the scope of this law applies only to land casinos.
As for online casinos, at the moment Monaco has no legal documents regulating this type of activity. In 2001, a draft law was submitted, the purpose of which is to regulate online gambling. But the law was never passed. Attempts to change the legislation of Monaco lasted until 2016, but to this day no changes have been made. The fact that there is no indication of a ban on online gambling anywhere is a loophole that allows locals to play games online.
In Monaco, there are two regulatory bodies:
- Gambling Commission;
- Gambling Control Department.
In addition to these bodies, some regulatory functions lie with the Ministry of Finance and the Economy, as well as with the national police.
Best Deposit Methods for Gamblers in Monaco
Monaco players play on offshore sites more often than local ones. This is due to an incomplete legal framework in which there are no specific references to online gambling. But at the same time, it is a plus, because the people of Monaco can quietly spend time on online gaming resources.
To replenish the deposit, the residents of Monaco have a huge selection of payment systems:
- Bank transfer (this is not a new but at the same time actual payment method. The main advantage of a bank transfer is a high level of security and guarantee of funds crediting. Monaco banks do not block payments to online casinos, so you can easily replenish your account. The only possible drawback of banking the transfer may be a transaction time, sometimes it takes up to 3 business days);
- Prepaid cards (to pay using a prepaid card, you need to purchase it at any land or online point of sale. Paying for this method, a Monaco resident remains anonymous and does not provide personal data to the casino);
- Electronic wallets (this payment option is considered the most popular among Monaco residents. Electronic wallets, in turn, are also significantly different. Some hold your funds and some serve as an intermediary between a bank account or a debit card and an online casino);
- Debit and credit cards Visa and Mastercard (this is the fastest, safest and most convenient way to pay a deposit).
In addition, there is a huge number of payment gateways that provide an additional level of security for players.
The most popular payment methods in Monaco are Neteller, Skrill, PayPal, EntroPay.
Now in Monaco launched the release of new prepaid cryptocurrency cards Monaco Visa Card. Perhaps shortly, these cards will also be used to replenish deposits at an online casino.
Accepted Currencies in Monaco
Now the official currency in Monaco is the Euro, but this was not always the case. Since 1837, Franks have been used in Monaco. One Monaco franc was divided into 100 centimes or 10 decim. In 1960, a reform was introduced according to which new francs were issued. Monaco residents could exchange old francs for new ones in the ratio of 1 new franc = 100 old francs. In 2002, Monaco decided to introduce the Euro as the national currency. Paper money looks the same as in the whole of Europe, but coins in denominations of 1, 2 Euro in Monaco are individual.
Monaco is an incredibly rich and beautiful country. According to statistics in Monaco, the lowest level of poverty and the smallest taxes in the world. Despite the fact that the national currency in Monaco adopted the Euro, the Principality is not included in the European Union. In Monaco, you will be able to exchange currency for the desired without special efforts, since there are a lot of exchange offices there.
As for online casinos, Monaco residents can replenish deposits not only in Euros, especially when it comes to offshore sites. It’s no secret that a good online casino will offer all sorts of currencies to choose from for its players, including Euros, Dollars, etc. You can find out which currencies an online resource accepts on the site in a special section or by reading the user agreement.
When players choose online casinos, special attention is paid to customer support. This is not strange, because often each of us may encounter difficulties in the operation of the site or paying a deposit and other issues. The resource must offer players a quality support service. All licensed Monaco casinos, including offshore casinos, offer several options for communicating with a consultant:
- Write a letter and send it to the postal address (most often it is used for resolving substantial disputes between the player and the casino or for recommendations from users);
- Write an email to an email (you can use this feedback option if your question requires careful research and takes a little time to resolve it);
- Call the phone number listed on the site (a quick and convenient way to contact a consultant. Depending on the online casino, telephone support will work around the clock or only on weekdays);
- Online chat (the fastest option to communicate with the operator, is used to instantly solve simple issues);
Online consultants are happy to provide you with professional advice and help in solving any complexity.
Predictions About the Future of Online Gambling in Monaco
If you look closely at the history of the Principality, it becomes clear that the gaming business in Monaco will only flourish. Already, an annual forum called the World Gaming Expo is held in Monaco. At this seminar people from all over the world come together to get acquainted with the fashionable novelties in the field of the gaming industry.
Currently, online casinos are popular in Monaco, but they are not regulated at the legislative level. According to experts, in the near future, the government will pass a law that will allow opening and legalizing more online casinos in Monaco. Another confirmation that online casinos in Monaco will flourish is the country’s tax system. Monaco, despite being one of the richest countries in the world, taxes are negligible. The principality is called the “Tax Haven” and an excellent offshore zone.
In addition, in 2018, the significant attention of the Ministry of Economy of Monaco was concentrated on cryptocurrency. In consequence of that, now and in land casinos of Monaco, you can pay with virtual banknotes. This is due to several advantages including the anonymity of the players. In addition, Monaco began issuing cryptocurrency debit cards called the Monaco Visa Card. Soon Monaco players will be able to pay with these cards in an online casino.
Well-known experts and analysts claim that Monaco was and will be the home of gambling entertainment. And the online casino of Monaco will be the best resources with virtual reality in the world.